I’m always looking for new Trim Healthy Mama recipes that are satisfying and delicious. It can be hard, though, to find recipes that pass my personal taste test.
After some tweaking and experimenting, I’ve finally come up with a chocolate muffin that I love. The taste and texture are similar to the “real” sugar-laden treats that I’ve always enjoyed.
Doesn’t this look yummy?
A few tips:
- Be sure to use only the yolk of the egg–it really makes a huge difference in the texture. (I save the egg white for making Trim Healthy Pancakes).
- You can add more cocoa if you prefer a deeper chocolate flavor. If you’ve had trouble with THM chocolate recipes tasting bitter, though, I’d suggest sticking with the smaller amount of cocoa.
- If you don’t have THM Sweet Blend, you can use another sweetener. Just check this handy-dandy sweetener conversion chart to find the right amount.
- 1 Tbsp. butter, softened
- 1 1/2 tsp. THM Sweet Blend
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 1/2 tsp. cocoa
- 1/8 tsp. baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 2 Tbsp. heavy cream
- 1/4 c. almond flour
- 1-2 Tbsp. finely chopped walnuts
- Blend softened butter and Sweet Blend together in a mug or dessert bowl.
- Add egg yolk and stir well.
- Add cocoa, baking powder, salt, and cream; stir until combined.
- Add almond flour and mix with fork until well blended.
- Sprinkle walnuts on top of batter.
- Microwave on high for 1 min. 30 sec. or until muffin is done.