Welcome to another day of Five-Star Slow Cooker Recipes, a ten-day series featuring slow cooker recipes that are simple enough for weeknight meals but delicious enough to serve company!
If the only salisbury steaks you’ve ever had are the boxed version in the freezer case, you’re in for a real treat with these made-from-scratch Salisbury Steaks with Gravy. Served with mashed potatoes, noodles, or rice, these beefy patties covered with rich gravy are one of my family’s favorite meals.
- 2 lbs. lean ground beef
- 2/3 c. oats
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 c. finely chopped onion
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 1 med. onion, sliced and separated into rings (optional)
- 1 (8 oz.) can sliced mushrooms, drained (optional)
- 3 packets brown gravy mix
- 3 c. water
- In medium mixing bowl, combine ground beef, oats, eggs, chopped onion, salt, and pepper. Mix until thoroughly combined.
- Shape beef mixture into patties and brown in skillet, turning once.
- Transfer beef patties to 5-qt. slow cooker. Top with sliced onion and mushrooms, if desired.
- In mixing bowl, whisk together gravy packets and water until well blended. Add to slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for about 4 hours, or until beef patties are thoroughly cooked.
If you love saving time by using your slow cooker, you may want to take a minute to sign up for free email updates so you don’t miss the rest of this series! You can also follow on Facebook or Google+.
This post is part of the Autumn Hopscotch with the bloggers of iHomeschool Network.
Find more recipes at Try a New Recipe Tuesday!