A timeline is an excellent tool to help children visualize history. Somehow it seems to help all those people and events come together into one continuous story. In addition, it provides an ideal way to review and cement what has been studied.
While younger children may prefer a large wall timeline, many older students tend to prefer timeline notebooks. And if you’re already using notebooking as a learning tool in your homeschool, a timeline notebook may be a great fit for your family.
We are using these timeline notebook pages with our Mystery of History (Vol. I) studies this year, but they will work equally well with any history textbook or study method. The download contains 103 printable timeline pages with dates from 5000 BC through AD 2024. Date increments vary according to historic time period.
Date increments for timeline notebook pages:
- 5000 BC – 3000 BC: 1000 years per page
- 3000 BC – 1000 BC: 500 years per page
- 1000 BC – AD 1000: 100 years per page
- AD 1000 – AD 1600: 50 years per page
- AD 1600 – AD 1800: 10 years per page
- AD 1800 – AD 2024: 5 years per page
Available in two versions: