Welcome to the second day of Five-Star Slow Cooker Recipes, a ten-day series featuring slow cooker recipes that are simple enough for weeknight meals but delicious enough to serve company!
Today I’m sharing the slow cooker recipe for Family Favorite Meatloaf, an extra-moist and tender meatloaf that is sure to please! Make it your family’s favorite, too, by adding whatever extras you like: green peppers, garlic, cheese, special toppings . . . the options are endless.
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 c. milk
- 3/4 c. oats
- 1/2 c. finely chopped onion
- 2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 1/2 tsp. sage
- 2 lbs. ground beef
- In mixing bowl, combine all ingredients except ground beef.
- Crumble ground beef over top of mixture; mix until well blended.
- Shape into loaf; place in 5-qt. slow cooker.
- Cook on LOW for 5-6 hours, or until meatloaf is thoroughly cooked (OR cook on HIGH for 1 hour, then reduce heat to LOW and cook for 3-4 hours longer). Top with ketchup or your favorite sauce during last 20 minutes of cooking time.
- Remove to serving plate; allow to rest 10 minutes before slicing.
If you love saving time by using your slow cooker, you may want to take a minute to sign up for free email updates so you don’t miss the rest of this series! You can also follow on Facebook or Google+.
This post is part of the Autumn Hopscotch with the bloggers of iHomeschool Network.