Welcome to another day of Five-Star Slow Cooker Recipes, a ten-day series featuring slow cooker recipes that are simple enough for weeknight meals but delicious enough to serve company!
Today’s featured recipe is Easy Steak with Gravy, a slow cooker recipe that takes the last-minute fuss out of a meat and potatoes meal. The steak turns out tender and flavorful, and the gravy is absolutely delicious!
- 3 lbs. steak
- 3 c. water, divided
- 3 brown gravy packets
- flour (for coating steak)
- oil for browning
- Cut steak into serving size pieces. Coat pieces with flour on both sides.
- Heat small amount of oil in large skillet. Add floured steak. Season as desired and brown on both sides.
- Transfer steak to 5-qt. slow cooker. Add 2 c. water.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 8 hours.
- Turn slow cooker to HIGH. Mix gravy packets with 1 c. water; add to slow cooker. Cover and let cook for 30 minutes.
- OPTIONAL: Strain gravy to remove bits of meat and flour before serving.
If you love saving time by using your slow cooker, you may want to take a minute to sign up for free email updates so you don’t miss the rest of this series! You can also follow on Facebook or Google+.
This post is part of the Autumn Hopscotch with the bloggers of iHomeschool Network.