If your kids are like mine, macaroni and cheese is an all-time favorite meal. I do believe that my younger children would live on peanut-butter-and-jelly sandwiches, hot dogs, and mac-n-cheese, if left to their own devices.
Thankfully macaroni and cheese is a quick and easy meal to make, and this slow cooker version makes it even simpler. It is delicious and satisfying, even for adult appetites.
- 1 lb. macaroni
- 5 T. margarine
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 1/2 c. milk
- 1 can condensed cheddar cheese soup, undiluted
- 1 lb. shredded colby or cheddar cheese
- 1 tsp. salt
- Cook macaroni according to package directions; drain;
- Add margarine and stir until melted; transfer to 5-quart slow cooker.
- Combine remaining ingredients; pour over macaroni mixture and stir until combined.
- Cook on low for about 4 hours, stirring once or twice during cooking time.
Do you have a slow cooker macaroni and cheese recipe that your family loves? I’d like to try it out!