Welcome to another day of Five-Star Slow Cooker Recipes, a ten-day series featuring slow cooker recipes that are simple enough for weeknight meals but delicious enough to serve company!
Today I’m sharing my recipe for Lazy Lasagna, a family-friendly meal that always gets rave reviews at my house. This version takes only about 15 minutes to put together, but it tastes just as special as the oven-baked versions do.
- 2 lbs. ground beef, browned and drained
- 2 (28 oz.) jars spaghetti sauce (or about 7 c.)
- 2 tsp. Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp. dried minced garlic
- 3/4 c. water
- 24 oz. small-curd cottage cheese
- 6 c. shredded mozarella cheese
- 12 lasagna noodles, uncooked
- Combine ground beef, spaghetti sauce, Italian seasoning, garlic, and water in large mixing bowl.
- In greased 6-qt. slow cooker, spread a thin layer of sauce mixture.
- Layer 3 lasagna noodles, broken as needed to fit; 3 c. sauce mixture; 3 more noodles; 1/2 cottage cheese; 1/2 mozarella cheese.
- Repeat layers a second time. Top with remaining sauce mixture.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 1 hr. Reduce heat to LOW and cook for 3-5 hours longer, until noodles are tender.
If you love saving time by using your slow cooker, you may want to take a minute to sign up for free email updates so you don’t miss the rest of this series! You can also follow on Facebook or Google+.
This post is part of the Autumn Hopscotch with the bloggers of iHomeschool Network.