These flavorful foil-packet dinners are a favorite at our house. The fun presentation makes it a winner with kids, and the hearty meat-and-potatoes combination satisfies our entire family. Perfect for busy nights, these Hobo Dinners leave virtually no cleanup when served in the foil wrapper with a styrofoam plate beneath.
- 2 lbs. lean ground beef
- 8 large onion slices
- 8 medium potatoes, peeled and cut into sticks
- 8 medium carrots, cut into sticks
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Lay out 8 large rectangles of aluminum foil (approximately 16-18 in. long).
- Shape meat into 8 patties; place on foil. Add salt and pepper, or your choice of seasoning, if desired.
- Place a large slice of onion on each meat pattie; layer carrots and potatoes on top of onion. Add more salt and pepper, if desired.
- Bring up the sides of the foil and fold down; fold up ends tightly to seal. Place on baking tray.
- Bake at 350 for about 1 hour 20 minutes. Serve with ketchup.
- *Amounts given are variable. I'd suggest making larger portions for adults, smaller portions for children. If you're really feeling creative, make each dinner according to individual preferences: no carrots for one, double meat for another. . . whatever works for your family!