Welcome to another day of Five-Star Slow Cooker Recipes, a ten-day series featuring slow cooker recipes that are simple enough for weeknight meals but delicious enough to serve company!
The original recipe for this Deluxe Potato Casserole came from my great-aunt, who was an excellent cook. With butter, sour cream, and colby cheese to dress up frozen hash browns, it’s a quick and easy dish that truly tastes deluxe.
- 2 lbs. frozen hash browns
- 1 c. diced onion
- 1 stick butter
- 1 can mushroom soup
- 12 oz. sour cream
- 8 oz. shredded colby cheese
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- pepper to taste
- Saute onion in butter until onion is translucent.
- Mix together all ingredients except hash browns until well blended. Add hash browns and stir until evenly coated.
- Transfer mixture to greased 5-qt. slow cooker. Cook on LOW for 7-8 hours, or until potatoes are tender.
If you love saving time by using your slow cooker, you may want to take a minute to sign up for free email updates so you don’t miss the rest of this series! You can also follow on Facebook or Google+.
This post is part of the Autumn Hopscotch with the bloggers of iHomeschool Network.