It is possible to give a thoughtful gift without breaking your budget. Whether you need a simple gift for someone special or a unique present for someone who “has it all,” a creative gift basket can be a beautiful and budget-friendly solution.
Cookie Baking Gift Basket
This Cookie Baking Gift Basket was assembled for less than $5.00 by taking advantage of after-Christmas sales.
- 1 basket (small flower pot)–$0.50
- 1 sugar cookie mix–$2.00
- 2 tubes icing–$0.50 each
- 1 jar sprinkles–$0.50
- 3 tubes writing gel–$0.25 each
3 Variations on the Cookie Baking Gift Basket
- Substitute a cake mix for the cookie mix; add cupcake liners or mini muffin liners to the basket.
- Use a larger basket and add a cookie scoop or a pretty potholder.
- Instead of a ready-made cookie mix, include a homemade cookie mix in a jar. (You can download the Gifts in a Jar ebook for FREE from Heavenly Homemakers!)
Giving the Cookie Baking Gift Basket
This fun basket would make a perfect gift for many occasions. Here are a few ideas to get you started:
- Hostess gift
- Big brother/big sister gift when a baby is born
- “Just because” gift for coworkers or friends
- Tween girl birthday gift
- Holiday gift for homeschool co-op friends
- Thank you gift for service people: garbage collector, mailman, babysitter, etc.